Shadow Gods

Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Retail and "service" industries are modern slavery. Sometimes it is too awful to think that people like me will give forty hours per week for 35+ years of their lives to retail, as opposed to jobs that actually make a difference. I have the knowledge to be a teacher of any subject, dabble in computers (I mean, sometimes they give you a hotline number and you are called system administrator), veterinary technician, and many more. I read the job classifieds and all of them are a variation of the same: SALES EXECUTIVE, SALES REPRESENTATIVE, RETAIL MANAGER OR TECHNICIAN/ENGINEER WITH TEN YEARS EXPERIENCE. If you don't believe me, go to monster.com and search for ANY job in Puerto Rico. If you find something different, please tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home