Shadow Gods

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Cradle will Rock

Day before yesterday was the Van Halen concert. I worked until 6:30 p.m. and at that hour had to go home, slap together two slices of bread, one slice of cheese and one of ham, get in the car with a bottle of Sprite and put the pedal to the metal. Got to the "Choliseo" at 8:55. The first chord strains of "Jump" started at 9:00 p.m. Perfect timing!

My review: The new Coliseo (or Choliseo since it is named after the greatest Puertorican comedic character Don Cholito) is absolutely awesome. 18,000 seater, five stories, it is the first born son (as opposed to bastard, since it is a high bred building) of the Roberto Clemente and Bellas Artes. The only glitch and a major one: it only has a hundred parking spots. What the fuck?! I had to leave my car a mile away in a shady neighborhood and pray that when I got back it would still have a battery and intact windows. Worse yet, that my car would still be there when I got back.

The concert was magical. I want to bear Eddie Van Halen's bastard children...

Today I get to stay home, no class, no work just ticking away time until tropical storm Jeanne arrives. Some forecasts say it will become a hurricane while hovering over the island. Shit! We seldom get this kind of crap considering our location, and after Georges I don't find fun in anything more than 1 or 2 inches of torrential but vertical rain. Shit, again!

Well, I am off to secure the dogs. Whenever rain and thunder breaks, my otherwise intelligent dog Monty avoids the safety of the house, goes up on the roof and starts barking, yelping and howling at the heavens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home