Shadow Gods

Monday, September 22, 2003

Went to see UNDERWORLD. I loved it, because I was not expecting it to be obviously based on any literary work like Interview, Blade or Dracula. Of course, they were free to nod, no, kneel and crash their forehead against the floor, at other movies: The Matrix, The Crow, Interview, Dracula, American Werewolf, etc. I even found a reference to Johnny Nemonic.

The thing that made me groan: the name of the lycan ancestor (above said overstated homage to the Crow, perhaps?). A certain vampire slaying that reminded me of Santiago's death in Interview, the scene was unnecessarily distracting that way.

The things that made me have fun: the setting, atmosphere, lack of stupidity disguised as witty lines, automatic gunfire, explosions, slick gore and lots of eye candy.

I will definitely buy the DVD when it comes out. Of course, I may be biased, because the main werepuppy was awesome, handsome, drool inducing, good looking.

Excuse me, I need to shut up and wipe the keyboard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home