Shadow Gods

Saturday, September 13, 2003

I am still waiting to see what Jeanne Cavelos says after the deadline passes. I will continue to write other things and most importantly hone writing skills since I am still an amateur. Been reading a very strict book called "The Art of Fiction" and found out I am guilty of very common mistakes. Like Latinization of the written word (I wonder WHY?) For example: hostile maneuvers in an inhospitable abode. Major no no's. They shoot, punch and scream in a foul cave. Anglo Saxon, baby. Accidental rhyming: Everything went flying sky high...etc., etc. Include other things I still don't understand like meter and stress, it is a hard job being a writer. But I am not gonna back out. I never back out, which brings me to...

I am enrolling again in college (if they will have me for the fourth time). I am enrolling as a first alternative in mathematics-computer science bachelor. My second alternative is, erm, how should I say this, as ahh, computer science engineering. You know, the sibling of that degree I never finished and I promised I would never go back to? Well, I am not going back to that, no sir, but if they will have me, I will gladly fuck its brother... Ten years later I learnt the hard way there are worse things than bitter unfullfilled professors and anyways I have to deal with them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home