Shadow Gods

Friday, September 17, 2004

En garde!

Jeanne came and went. She sounded and felt like a hurricane but they say it was just a tropical storm. Our street flooded (part of the sidewalk came up and the cement tiles floated away) but nothing serious happened. At least not like the lady whose roof was torn off, was propelled from her hammock and got killed when she hit her neighbor's house.

I am watching a group of clouds forming to our right in the NOAA map. Africa seems a churning cyclone machine.

Haven't gone to school or work in three days. This worries me (the work) since I need a cover news story for next Monday. Obviously it should be Jeanne related but with a new viewpoint, which means I will have to interview civil defense officials. I hate interviewing people. I don't look forward to social contact with strangers. Also need to take catastrophic pictures that look good on paper.

Have been invited by Rue Morn to go with him to the beach. Or did I invite myself? I don't know. He said he needed somebody to take him to a beach party next Thursday and I offered him a ride. Heh. Let's see how similar that will be to babysitting. Not talking about Rue Morn, just his friends. After all, the name of the place is Dirty Beach...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home