Shadow Gods

Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Happy New Year!! Received the Tenth Anniversary Edition of Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite. I am reading the chapbook that came with it: "Con Party at Hotel California". Is that a stress inducing title or what? Weird is all I can say...

Just one week to go to my own version of Hotel California. My hair is slowly turning white. Just the 24 hours I will spend at airports and suspended in the air are sufficient reason for me to go berserk.

Cryptic note time: Been wondering about one person not moving along, keeping themselves in one place, in expectation while the other has probably moved on, changed perspectives, and become a different person than they were a little while before. Must prepare myself for the worst.

The other day I was at the local Mall, hating people all around me, in their frenzy for the $10 discount holiday sales. I see a woman with a strange baby carriage walking towards me. I look and I don't see a baby. I see a grown up man with no arms and no legs, his body covered with a blanket. His eyes are wide open, there is a grin on his face as he tries to take in all the hustle, the colored decorations, the Santa Claus waving. I am still kicking myself, stop the godamn self pity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home