Shadow Gods

Saturday, August 30, 2003

Too damn tired. I haven't slept properly since Baltimore and last night I dealt even more abuse upon myself. I went to the Puya-Molotov concert.

Puya was good. They played for an hour and a half which half accounts for Molotov not going over as intended. Anyways, it is my humble opinion that if you consider yourself a punk band, you should run around and smash something. Not stand there like three mannequins with backlighting that makes you out like a silhouette for an hour and a half. Only the crazy Gringo worked the crowd, but he was too busy drumming. There was not one bottle of water sprinkled over the audience. At the end of their set, Molotov were definitely not sweating and the audience wasn't either.

You should sing the best songs that work live. You don't sing the worst songs that bore people out of their minds, so much that they are not even tapping their foot. You don't spend fifteen minutes of my money bringing audience girls on stage to shake their booty. Their biggest hit "Puto" had to be rescued by bringing on Puya to ad-lib with them. It was a sorry sight. Molotov are out of my must-see-live list. They should take a hint from Los Fabulosos Cadillacs. Oh, wait, Molotov think ska is shit. I am glad I saw them, otherwise I would have thought I missed something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home