Shadow Gods

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Today I will go to the Night Ranger concert. Don't laugh, it's one of those can't-get-out-of deals that I find myself in sometimes. I don't feel particularly keen on leaving Mayaguez at 2 pm, spend 5 hours in Plaza and then 2 hours at a place I have never been in. It is in the Arena Pier 10 and I don't have the slightest idea how to get there. Maybe I will need the 5 hours to get back from Vieques or Culebra. The guy who is going with me is an eighties kind of gung ho guy that will probably get strangled somewhere after the Buchanan toll if he doesn't stop raving about how the 80's were the coolest, and we should all kill ourselves because the world is getting worse and young people don't appreciate good music. I love the eighties, too, and the operative word here is TOO. I can appreciate newer music and not go on an elitist trip of denial. The eighties died 14 years ago, pray for them and move the fuck on. I've got a Disturbed CD here that proves my point. You can always find those Greatest Hits compilations for sale at Sam Goody's.

The magazine deal has not fallen through yet. They are hammering out the money details and I am hoping that my boss doesn't get too greedy and makes all of us lose out on this opportunity.

If you checked that monster link I gave earlier you will notice a contact email. That guy is my boss' boss, one of my main detractors. Yesterday, his wife got fired. From OfficeMax. She was the top sales rep at Plaza. No details on why. I could not help feeling wildly, raving, enthusiastically vindicated. My boss is very, very superstitious. He actually keeps a Marie Laveau tourist souvenir I gave him on an altar with lighted candles and asks favors from it. I looked him right in the eye and told him: "Nobody fucks with me and gets away with it". I think I have put the fear of God in his little soul...That is always fun....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home