Shadow Gods

Thursday, May 06, 2004

I consider myself a fairly open minded person, careful to not judge people by their choice of cover and above all cut slack to moments of idiocy that permeate the social collective. However, I have found my pet peeve, the enemy, the 'doesn't matter if they look like good people, they are not, they are evil and must be exterminated'. They are Hyundai owners:

My first crash was a Hyundai Excel Hatchback. The back stopped hatching when I rear ended it. The guy jumped repeatedly in rage in the middle of Highway 2, screamed at me and I was sure he was going to strangle me... Two weeks later I repeated the maneuver with a Toyota Corolla, not even a smudge of paint out of place. Since then I have front ended a McDonald trash can, another Toyota taxi, and a gasoline pump cement protector. I have also rear ended a Jeep Cherokee and a palm tree. None of them have had to go to the cops to settle anything (the palm tree was touch and go, but seemed OK and hasn't contacted me since) Well, yesterday I miscalculated the true width of my car and the dust layer of my Tercel rubbed against the dust layer of Miss Hyundai cop in front of me. (In reality, my right mirror left a rubber streak a foot long. No dent, scrape or anything. Nothing rubber compound won't fix.) She makes me go to the police HQ, waste 45 minutes in line to fill out an incident report and now we have an appointment with insurance companies. Probably they will deny her the $10 for the car wash. Serves her well... idiot...

Before you all criticize my driving skills, my car DID fit. It was the mirror clearance I failed to take into consideration....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home