Shadow Gods

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I have always walked on Hemingway's side of writing styles, and now Twitter and the Facebook status update have swallowed my desire to write here in my journal. Need to dust this at least for this year.

I am halfway through the Secondary School Teacher Program, specializing in math. There has been a strike going on for the last month, I hope I don't lose the semester. On the other hand, this strike was very much needed. The system needs to be broken. Or at least we should try our best. My old age pessimism says that we the students are in a no win situation.

We had an earthquake that lots of people felt all over the island. I was in bed, awake, and realized it was happening. Usually, they stop when I understand the situation, but this time the shaking just paused and then accelerated. That was scary, but it was nothing. We still are under watch for some horrible 7+ magnitude that could kill over 2 thousand people.

I am worried sick over Gustavo Cerati's health. Prognosis does not look good and it seems that he will sustain some kind of damage, either in language skills or half of his body's mobility. It sucks that he gets to be the first big tragedy of Rock en EspaƱol. I have always had a soft spot for Soda Stereo. We didn't get much The Cure on the airwaves when I was a teenager, so they made up for that.



Yeah, my English skills are getting rustier. No English TV watching, English book reading and no conversations do that to you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home