Shadow Gods

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Spent Sunday to Monday at the local community clinic with an IV drip full of antibiotics. They didn't even take two glances at the sty in my belly. They just pumped me full of that shit for 12 hours and didn't bother telling me it was going to take that long. I didn't have any books with me. I wasn't sleepy and thought it was going to be over soon.

Three shifts went by (My "bed" was in front of the nurses' punch clock) and all they did was ask me what was wrong with me and what did the previous doctor say. The last one I told: One more dose and then let me go home. So they did, I wonder if I would still be there. They were doing the exact same thing I could be doing at home: taking antibiotics and stay in bed. Only I don't have a yellow, orange, lime green and turqouise striped curtain around my bed. That was almost driving me crazy.

No work yesterday or today, I have an appointment with the doctor to see if they will finally get rid of the pimple with hubris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home