Shadow Gods

Sunday, February 29, 2004

I went to the Night Ranger concert. It was as good as you can expect a normal Night Ranger concert to be.

My travel choice left something (everything) to be desired. There is something about a guy not being able to read traffic signs at night, failing to make correct and sixty-miles-per-hour-fast decisions based on the information provided after I read the signs that made me pray for that booster button K.I.T.T. of Knight Rider fame used to have. Crucial directions were mumbled without conviction or confusing directives were issued:

"Did you mean straight ahead or turn right?
"Er, go on, turn right straight ahead"
"Where?! Where?!"
"Erm, sorry you missed the exit, but you can take any exit ahead and do the same..."
"You lied, you don't know where we are going."
"I'm sorry I can't see at night"
"Ask for directions!"
"To whom?"
"Well I see a security guy and a hydrant, ask the hydrant and see if the security guy answers..."
"We are going to be late, the show starts at 9 and it's 8:30."
"Right now, if I were you, I would worry about getting there alive..."
"Oh, relax, you are driving fine, we won't have an accident..."
"Who said anything about an accident?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home