Shadow Gods

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Nostalgia weekend is not over yet, have spent the whole morning playing with Songs from the Street especially Disc 2, Tracks 1 and 16. The first one is the best count from 1 to 12, even better than the Count's. I only wish I could see the pinball machine animation and have the complete song.

Another one I found that actually made me cry was Big Blue Marble. It is sappy to the uninitiated but this song is a staple from a time in my life when everything was still good and my mother was not wrong in the head.

Last night was the Firehouse/REO Speedwagon/Journey concert. One has to be careful what one wishes for. I wished I didn't have to listen to Firehouse's whole set. Well, I didn't because I left the car keys in a Plaza Las Americas bathroom. REO isn't one of my favorites, they were OK. I fell asleep once during the Journey set. (They were actually good with their hits but the rest sounded samey and filler, so it lulled me to sleep). I went with Guitar Geek and I was *this close* to killing him if he tapped my shoulder one more time to explain to me that NOW came such an awesome solo I musn't miss. Like I was going anywhere...

Going to spend the day searching for more links that drive me to depression...

"Our differences, our problems from out there there’s not much trace
Our friendships they can place while looking at the face of the Big Blue Marble in space"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home