Shadow Gods

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Well, finally the second-to-worst day of my life is over. I had an accident yesterday with a fucking SUV. Never hated the fuckers so much as I do now.

I made the stop sign, an SUV signals me to cross; I cross the first lane and start to inch inside the second lane so somebody takes pity on me and lets me cross the whole damn road because I can't see anything around SUV #1. If they don't want to let me pass they could still swerve a little and avoid me, but no. The second idiot is so high up in her vehicle and unaware of a world around her and slams full force into the left front corner of my car. One microsecond later she would have hit the tire and the axle, totalling the car. Five microseconds later she would have hit the passenger door and killed me.

Results: my little Tercel boy lost an eye and all its front teeth. Can't open the passenger door or the hood which is warped horribly but still latched. The left turn signal is now out of whack and sounds frantic. The alarm doesn't activate. It still runs though. The fucking Nativa, I am glad to report broke some iron thingie inside and fell to its knees immediately. (Probably could have hurt me and the car more if that demon hadn't been stopped short in its tracks.) Three hours later my car bravely ignored the pain and travelled to San Juan and back for the Toto concert. SUV's suck, Toyota Tercels absolutely fucking ROCK... (G: I know how you feel about Toyotas, but I am telling you this one is very special, it is one of a kind. I agree: a total shit in the maneuver department but it takes the punches like a man).

Oh, yeah, Toto concert. I went. They played. I kissed Steve Lukather in the cheek. So it was good, considering everything else.

I went through one of those new Auto Express tolls I don't know shit about without paying. That means I have a $100 fine to pay when I renew the car license. Oh, well, today I am staying inside the house. I will probably crack my head while taking a shower....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home