Shadow Gods

Saturday, July 09, 2005

The government called. I am in for a general orientation meeting next Thursday with the local version of the SBA. (They tried to get a hold of me earlier so I missed the appointment for Tuesday- I am gonna check if I can still change the date)I am actually excited at the prospect that maybe 25 years down the line I may ditch the middlemen bosses, just deal directly with customers and maybe my grandchildren will have a fight over the family fortune I worked my ass over. (Yeah, because MY children will be my personal slaves).

Don't know yet if it is going to be a home based business. Checking mall spaces but they don't catch my fancy, except for the one nearest my house. There used to be a similar business there, but ill designed and expensive which probably accounts for its failure. The equipment part is where I am racking my brain, the sensible way to go is Xerox leases, but their latest copiers seem made of toy parts. The good ones have been discontinued from the lease program and I don't have 50K to plunk on just one black and white machine with almost no service warranty. Decisions, decisions.

Maybe I am going to San Juan today so my boyfriend stays in Mayagüez until Sunday or Monday. If it doesn't turn out that way, I will probably visit him tomorrow after the whole referendum hoopla that I have to cover for the newspaper.

Anyways, over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home