Shadow Gods

Friday, January 06, 2006

Today is Dia de Los Reyes: kids everywhere are getting their gifts. Have heard only one bike riding tyke, videogames have holed children in their rooms. I am still waiting for the Reyes to bring me a bike, and a parrot they promised when I was 9.

Yesterday was Popu's and my first anniversary together. Whoo-hoo! Of course, I worked and have been sick all this week, have to wait until next Tuesday to celebrate.

Work environment has been unhappy lately. Don't know what demon has possessed the brains of my employers. They used to be so cool and understanding, now they feel the need to be despots just to prove they are bosses. Scrooges. They didn't give us Christmas vacations for the first time in twenty years. To make it even worse and galling, this week they held a meeting with us to explain that we were going to be in charge of the next edition because they are travelling to Texas to visit their daughter. SO! They get to travel and visit family but we don't get a rest for two years. (Yeah, because IF they give a vacation it would be next December). Lately the newspaper has been comparing unfavorably to the Negreros, Inc. office supply store I work with.

Everybody is going through turmoil and hard times. I am very thankful to the 3 Kings for Popu, he and I together have made ourselves as happy as we dreamt to be. Happy Anniversary, darling.

I need to put some serious order in my life. Don't know how I will, since I am a true agent of chaos. I mean, I put a wastebasket in the car and now it has been brimming with ATM receipt copies for three months. Everytime I brake, little balls scatter everywhere, so now I have a wastebasket AND the waste all over the car. And don't tell me that it is just a matter of emptying it. It is a matter of REMEMBERING at the right moment to empty it. No, now is not the right moment, I am at the computer writing in my journal, I will do it later. Yes, really.

1 Comments:

  • Feliz Aniversario mi vida! Te adoro, Jose

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home