Shadow Gods

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I know it may sound stupid but I am mightily pissed. Even the Three Wise Men camel is a victim of the crime wave. I didn't know about these news until today and I find it horrible. How could someone steal a camel, leave it to die cruelly and left to be found without a leg? A very sick fuck, damn: Huérfana de Alí la Lomita de los Vientos

Yesterday I found out how deep the waters of stupidity go at work and college. Computer science and math graduates who don't know how to watch the behavior of a variable, who are not able to fix a program while keeping it running AND who don't know how to submit it electronically, ugh. Salespeople who kept me waiting since last week for their production sheets to arrive, finally come in on a Monday afternoon and expect me to have their ads ready in fifteen minutes. When the other person who helps me do the paper layout is absent. It seems the concept of priority queue has escaped these people.

Went to see the Frida Kahlo exhibition opening. Came out with a crying knot on my throat, really don't know why. Maybe it was seeing her deep love for her roots, the emotional mask she used for her portraits, where her face remains the same and the feelings are portrayed in the background. Her still life paintings are easily the best and most original I have seen from a famous painter. Also discovered a Nickolas Murray's picture of Frida I had not seen. It was an awesome experience. There were a few actual Kahlo paintings: Henry Ford Hospital, My Dress Hangs There, Self Portrait on the Border of Mexico and The United States, Self Portrait with A Monkey(1945), The Suicide of Dorothy Hale and many drawings and studies for others. I want to go back soon.

I forgot to write here that somebody left two kittens in a trash bag tied to the iron gate of the house. Initially I thought they were dead, but they were just exhausted. They have been thriving for two weeks now and Popu has named them Vincent and Jules (when nobody is listening I call them Beavis and Butthead due to their apparent IQ). They have progressed to robust kitty play, fight and chase, will post pictures soon. Let's see if they survive me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home