Shadow Gods

Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Received THE RISING by Brian Keene. It is a riot, there are horrorific parts and very funny ones. I even have a cameo as Maria, a Puerto Rican hooker, how good can that get? For small press horror fans, plenty of cameos abound, much hilarity ensues. The book put me in the same frame of mind as THE STAND and THE DARK TOWER SERIES. Not bad at all.

MILD SPOILER: Though the fact that the zombies are demons cast away by God struck a chord with my frustration over my own whatever-it-is-I-have-been-mulling-over-for-the-past-8-years. L will also bang her head in frustration. These demons are trapped in a place called The Void, biding their time to cross over a fucking threshold and possess human flesh. I wanted to laugh/cry over that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home