Shadow Gods

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Been working on the computer too much. Got up at 5:00 a.m. this morning, it is now 9 pm and I haven't shut it down. Didn't go to work at the newspaper, just slaving away, dragging layers, compulsively saving a 52 MB file on a slow-ass computer (How many times did I get to see the Generating Full Resolution Composite message? Too many, I think.) In just one day I did a 28 page magazine, complete with ads and cover. I am creamed and semi-blind. The end result is not pretty, but I don't feel too guilty, it is a church and they don't pay very well. The money will be used to pay for the trip to the devil's music concert in Tampa.. By the way, L: did you know Black Sabbath is reuniting just because of us? Yeah, as soon as they give our concert I am sure they will fight themselves apart again...

I am hoping it was stress taking its toll during the past two days, or else I am truly going insane. I don't believe in the paranormal, miracles or portents. So when I spend two days seeing weird shit with these eyes that are going to rot in the ground, I question my sanity. It is not the Virgin Mary, the end of the world nor Elvis. Just a chair moving by its own volition at work, I got up and went around the counter to check if a coworker was playing a prank on me. Nope, I was alone. Later, while driving I see a pickup truck merging from the left onto the middle lane as a Sea-Land trailer does the same from the right lane. I brake hard because I expect them to collide. For all I know the pickup is under the Sea-Land keeping pace so I accelerate and take the leftmost lane. There is no pickup truck anywhere, nor in the front, back or beneath the Seely. After THAT, I see a mutant ostrich in a parking lot screeching, I brake, and the ostrich rights itself into a four year old kid. So yes, I pray it is just stress. It is enough that whenever there is total and absolute silence, the noise of blood pumping through my ears sounds like screams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home