Shadow Gods

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Went to the Giratorio last week. Spent a great time there with my boyfriend. Heard some experimental music, complete with classical overtones, percussion, interactive audience dialogue reminiscent of Internet lingo and broken shards. It was lots of fun, especially since Popu was there and it was our first official outing as an item. We enjoyed the weekend very much, though I have to think hard and remember that we did see a movie called Elektra. Poor thing. Jennifer Garner was overshadowed by the Crazy Kids Dancers, a lame dance group at the Children's Festival that was going on while we walked hand in hand at the local park. Really funny and anticlimactic: a picturesque romantic walk in the park while a million screaming kids and their stroller pushing parents seek our same quiet spot to change the little one's diaper. It was great, really! I mean we don't get to see sailboats around here, but we did get to see a trash bag floating on a "lake" while the kids threw stones and tried to kill the genetically altered three eyed fish in the murky waters. As the local beer ad says: This is Puerto Rico!

I am a little concerned right now over a communication snafu with my boyfriend. He doesn't know yet that on really crucial things it is very important to remind me and make me confirm what I said. I tell people in a routine conversation that I will do something, say something else and the first thing goes out of my head unless I do a memory fixation ritual like get screamed at or threatened. I need to talk to him in person soon, because the 80 year old in me doesn't trust these technological advances called Internet and phone lines, especially for discussing deep issues. Not to worry, nothing serious, unless my boyfriend decides that he can't deal with my scatterbrain and my stubborn privacy issues, then I would be in deep trouble.

Thursday I will see him on the decks at Communion, the gothic, industrial, darkwave night at Nuestro Ambiente. He will be doing a Killing Joke tribute. Where does Killing Joke fit into these new little cubbyhole genres, I am not really sure. I always thought the Joke to be really cool music with a tinge of violence and provocation. But that is just me, Popu is the musical elitist bitch who actually knows what constitutes a thing called shoegazing. (Yeah: there is a music sub-sub-sub genre called shoegazing. Never heard of it? Well, they claim the Cocteau Twins and Jesus and Mary Chain as influences. My Bloody Valentine is probably the best known. Sheesh, I know who they are but didn't know what they were.) OK, I will end this here, I don't want him to read it and chew my head off, that would constitute a third strike and a lost inning...

1 Comments:

  • As far as I'm concerned, you have done nothing wrong. So no two strikes at all. You're doing very fine and I love you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home