Shadow Gods

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Last night was the Duran Duran concert. It was absolutely great. I had never seen them live, even though they had already come three times to PR and I have been a Durannie since 1983. I believe it was all for the better because my friend Jesus had seen them every time before and says this was their best show. This revamped version of the original Fab Five has grown up and knows how to please the crowd.

Life has been very good this year. Every day that passes I am more grateful for the boyfriend the fates have blessed me with. I feel lucky, and the order form was correctly fulfilled at the boyfriends' factory (he willingly went to the concert and knew the lyrics!). I have lived many things this last month, all of them good. It is a calm happiness, with no lurking dark thoughts and insecurities. This is definitely it. The best way to capture how I feel occurred to me at the Duran Duran concert. In a nutshell: it felt like the happy ending of a movie that started in the early eighties and ended yesterday - my teenage years favorite band, Duran Duran, reunited, while I held hands with my truly loved and loving boyfriend, while we all sung the lyrics to "Save a Prayer".

This weekend we start the sequel.

5 Comments:

  • This weekend we start the sequel. *Evil laughter*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:19 PM  

  • Pervert! ;)

    By Blogger Maria, at 12:56 PM  

  • But of course, what did you expect?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:34 PM  

  • Se me olvido decirte: esta es la cuarta vez que los veo. Primera vez que veo el line-up original y 2da vez que los veo en PR.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home