Shadow Gods

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Last night went to the movies and saw "Brokeback Mountain" or Legends of the Fall for Gay Men. Excellent cinematography, not so good makeup artists and a padded story that stretched for too long. There were some universal truths that could have been developed better (when a Carpe Diem story doesn't grab me and makes me break down and cry, the director has not done a good job.). I give it a B+ because I have a complaint: Heath, speak clearly, this movie came without subtitles and I can't understand key dialogue if you insist on chewing a wool ball to disguise the fact that you are no cowboy. I have never found Gyllenhaal believable in anything he is in, but I do understand he and Ledger are definite eye candy. It was not bad or terrible, I just wanted a movie that would make me break out the Kleenex box, but it didn't deliver. If I was a gay man I would definitely have come out of the theater with a mental note to buy the DVD when it comes out, and making plans to see it again. I tell you: just like Legends of the Fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home