Shadow Gods

Sunday, April 06, 2003

I am happy today. Even though I have been at CopyMax for the past three days, today I left at 5 a.m. Yes, I saw the sunrise in full uniform from the day before. But what day it was before. It gave me a little glimpse of hope that maybe I will be the metal version of Gloria Gaynor: "I will Survive" It was something like this.

I have been reconsidering this metal Santa Claus KIDDO that works with me. When CopyMax ran out of paper for a $1750 job and I had to look for it in San Juan, I was surprised to see myself crossing my mental fingers. Yes! He was the only one willing to endure me on a 4 hour trip to and from SJ. We went in his Jeep and happily spent time with black humor jokes and singing along to the likes of Disturbed, Ozzfest CD's, NIN and Guns N' Fuckin' Roses (the original CD from when he was in fourth grade...). We got the paper and I suggested a quick trip to Plaza. He immediately suggested BORDERS (YES!). Judge a man by his choice in books. He went straight to the Occultism, Paganism and Dark Arts sections, picked up Crowley's Diaries, the Wiccan Bible and a book of spells and charms and shit for Men ("All the good books I have are decidedly biased toward lunar phases and woman stuff. I am not Stevie Nicks, no way") He gave me a book called the Urban Primitive, the guy is a freaking WARLOCK. Totally cool is an understatement. I swear I had no idea and I know him since June.

That means he is not Santa Claus. He is the big, fat metal version of Harry Potter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home