Shadow Gods

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Last night got a free ticket for The Village.  It is one of those movies where you feel in the minority for liking it.  I thought it was a great allegory of Christianity but my fellow moviegoers didn't think highly of it.  In fact, popcorn flew, guffaws abounded and people were demanding their time back. I was in an alternate movie reality, enjoying and being genuinely surprised by Night's trademark twists (I had not read anything about this movie, so the common spoilers thrown about in message boards did not affect my viewing.  I went in with the vaguest idea what it was about and it came out great)

For all those who want to give Night a chance, this is cinematic poetry in motion.  If you want to be scared or entertained, rent The Ring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home