Shadow Gods

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

As I told my best friend yesterday, I have been doing the disappearing act because of a new job. Yes, I now have a grand total of 3 part time jobs and I still barely can make ends meet. Credit card debt is evil, EEEVIL. I just have to stay put until I graduate, when I hope I can snatch one good job that lets me have some little time for myself.

Any tiny amount of time I thought I had left over has been occupied by this:










Meet Hannibal the Cannibal, aka Hannah.
(Despite appearance, she is not some exotic rodent.)


A "thoughtful neighbor" gave three kittens to my mother, and being who she is, she didn't give him hell for it. Despite my best efforts I could not save two of them. Their eyes were still closed, they wouldn't eat, the Pedialyte didn't seem to work, and I was at wits end. Bought a thermal pad but it wasn't enough, they were too far gone when I got to them. This one is the trooper, really demanding temper, no wonder she survived. Has me feeding her every four hours like clockwork, though thankfully she now sleeps overnight.

So this is what I have been doing during Holy Week: penance for past sins, apparently.

2 Comments:

  • There's Hannibal The Catnnibal aka Hannah, Jules, Vincent, Populina and a host of other cats in your realm.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 AM  

  • OMG! so little, yet so round!
    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home