Shadow Gods

Sunday, April 23, 2006

As I told you last, I've been having oodles of fun. Apparently, the cosmos believes it is not enough and in the past 48 hours somebody stole a door and the water pipes of my mother's other house. So now I have to cough up the cash to get PVC plumbing and a door made of some material that is cat and thief resistant. Damned druggies with their joneses. Why don't they go to el Cerro Las Mesas and steal from the rich, huh?

Called the Police, which didn't help much, since they cannot do anything. Soon after, I dropped my cell phone and broke it. If I had your phone number please send it again so I can text message you frequently and obnoxiously as is my custom.

I have had enough with the copy shop. I am presenting my resignation letter next week. Nine years of abuse for $7/hour = $35/week is enough. My weekly five hour shift on Saturdays went something like this yesterday: punch in at work, find the worst job nobody "understands" assigned to me (340 drilled sets, 200 pages each, some are single side, some are double side, must be careful it is not a random thing.). The other production machine is down, must do all the jobs that come in through the door on the self serve machine which is a good 45-50 feet walk from the babysitting job I am doing in the main copier).

Co-worker is new so she needs a lot of help (in other words, I have to do everything except ring transactions on the register, BUT OF COURSE, she doesn't know how to do a check transaction, or a return, or credit card, arrgh, ok, I have to do everything.) A customer comes in and her job, supposedly finished a week ago, is not finished. She gets pissed at me, since we are all the same in our blue and khaki uniforms. In an effort to please her, I try to do the job: 7 eight-foot-long banners taped and laminated). My coworker gets another difficult customer. Drop everything I am doing to wait on him, transaction total: $2.16.

At 1:30 pm was my punching out time, and the manager had the gall to ask me if I could stay because they had no one who could accompany the new girl until 6 pm. Thankfully I had another commitment at the new job (work from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.) so I could say no with a totally clean conscience. God knows my convoluted sense of responsibility, teamwork, good old Catholic guilt mixed with a Puritan work ethic, would have made me say OK if I had been free.

So I have decided that in order to keep my sanity (writing more than four sentences about this is the online version of a foaming at the mouth shouting rant), this kind of abusive work environment must be let go. I won't have it anymore, especially after the horror and pity I felt when I learned that said manager has a 2 inch tumor in his head. Working at Omax as the last job you held in life MUST suck big time and I am sure is subject to ridicule on judgement day, when all humanity will be eating popcorn while sitting back watching the movie of your life.

2 Comments:

  • The suckiness at the job is universal. Today Doc had the guts to ask me to come for
    "just one day" of my vacation to do front desk. I said I had hotel reservations and gave one of those looks that can be interpreted as aske me once again and I swear I'll walk, NOW.

    Sorry about the break in. At least there was no one there. One scare is enough, to welcome complications on top.

    Good luck with da job hunt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

  • Movies!! I love movies!!
    By the way, Silent Hill kicks butter-upper!!! Anyway, 787-412-1284 cell phone #. Write to me.

    By Blogger GROUNDEL THE UGLY (aka Sti), at 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home