Shadow Gods

Saturday, July 01, 2006

First time I post here outside from home. At work, but there are no pictures to censor and I have absolutely nothing to do for the next four hours. So I update this, and use it as my first entry to the myspace blog. (No I am not a regular myspace user. In fact, my current job forces me to have a myspace account. Yeah, go ahead, read my previous entry, read this one and do the math. You are all bright people.)

The summer class was ABSOLUTELY GREAT. Writing for the media is something I really love in a theoretical way, opposed to writing about the new opening of a supermarket. No, I am not making that up: Monday I have to come up with four pages of information about said opening night, the owner of the supermarket, pictures of the place and God knows what else. Not an assignment, but as part of my job at the newspaper. There are a thousand news I could fill that newspaper with, but, oh, no, they want to do a special section about that particular piece of earth shattering "news".

Like: talk about the economic crisis. Things are pretty much horrible here. The legislature signing and making laws they don't read, after been debating them for more than a year. The governor gets to impose a sales tax while millions of dollars in income are not being taxed properly, and imports are not inspected in our ports. People are getting out of this sinking ship, lots of houses on sale that weren't last month. For the first time ever, I am living from paycheck to paycheck. I always used to have some money saved in the bank for emergencies, now my emergency fund is my unused credit card balance. I hate it.

On the other hand, I must publicly declare Mark Lanegan as the most beautiful male voice ever. I am listening to him right now. Til next time. Photos have appeared, gotta go work.

1 Comments:

  • Hey! Sorry for the gap, been in an emotional rollercoaster and leave-me-alone mode. The 4th was bad timing for everyone... too much drama. Anyway, letting u know I'm alive. ;)

    By Blogger Vierna, at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home