Shadow Gods

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I got fed up with the new job and resigned since they haven't paid me in a month. They forced us to use a special ATM card with charges for checking the balance, withdrawals, activating the account, etc. In the end, I wasn't going to receive my full salary, so fuck that. I talked with the newspaper editor and with some research maybe I can make some news out of this.

It is weird to feel so lazy, so much time on my hands, at least until August. Haven't gone out since I have no good excuse to leave the house. Next week there are lots of holidays, government has the whole week off, so maybe I will get out then. Want to go to Guajataca and hang out with nature for a little bit. I need to talk to it, have so much on my mind.

Part of what is on my mind is that eternal question: what the fuck am I going to do when I graduate on December? I really want to enroll in the Ph.D. Program in Computer and Information Science and Engineering. I want to devote my life to academia, research and development. The flip side is that it is a little daunting to know that I may devote five years to the degree and not be able to graduate, since the competency exam can only be repeated once. I know me, I am going to do it no matter what. Taking a semester at a time. The alternative would be to establish a research and development business taking advantage of the VITEC2 facilities, but I don't know how to start going about that. So what I will do is start the PhD, learn all about the research and development process and decide from there.

L. gave me some good news. She has decided for us to go to Italy on November 2007. You know, lapsing Catholics renewing their faith in the face of the World Cup final outcome have to give back as they receive. Tee-hee.

1 Comments:

  • I hope you are kidding
    1. about the PhD: you know that you will ace the thing, if you just set your mind in the right track
    2. About the goverment having a whole week off. Noe I'll never see my birth certificate

    I certainly hope you are not kidding
    1.about us going...I'm takina an Italian course as we speak. I refuse to behave as the spoiled American, and in my budget I nedd to learn to say "help I'm trapped in this rat hole" as soon as I can.

    Who said I ceased to be a Catholic? I am a catholic who decisevely protests, all the time, on every point of doctrine,etc, etc, etc but while there is mia culpa, mia culpa, mia massima culpa...I'll be there

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home